Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Reformation Day!

After 3 months of trying to regain my domain name, the blog is back! While many are celebrating Halloween today, this day is also Reformation Day, a time when we remember the Protestant Reformation that took place nearly 500 years ago when Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses to the church in Wittenburg. Today, in honor of Reformation Day, I would like to post a special sermon by the preaching elder at our church, Mitch Jolly. Mitch did a special message last Sunday on the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer in light of the upcoming All Saints Day on November 1st. I am including a link both to his sermon and his manuscript. I believe that  studying the lives of faithful Christians throughout church history gives us encouragement as we seek to be faithful to the gospel today. I hope this message inspires you to put feet to your faith by living out what you claim to believe. Few people personify the notion that "faith without works is dead" more than Dietrich Bonhoeffer.




You can listen to the sermon here.

You can follow along with Mitch's sermon notes here.

Happy Reformation Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment