Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Pilgrim's Progress March 2012

It has been a busy month for the Pilgrims! It has been difficult to post any blogs recently, but I wanted to update everyone on how you can pray for us as we minister together in the coming weeks. 

Where We Have Been

Jenny and I have just recently returned with over 50 college students from a mission trip to Arlington, TX. We worked with an organization called Mission Arlington, which helps to meet the needs of the poor, as well as plant churches within the surrounding apartment complexes in the city. Currently, there are over 270 apartment churches that have been planted, and over 5,000 people who attend an apartment church service each week! God has richly blessed this ministry, and we were grateful to help them as they continue to minister to the people of Arlington. During our time there, we visited un-churched apartments and started Rainbow Express, a VBS-style children's ministry which will allow Mission Arlington to follow up and begin planting a church. We taught many children the story of the gospel and the life of Jesus, and a few of them made professions of faith. Please pray for these children that they would understand and cling to the saving truth of the gospel.





The following Sunday after returning from Texas, I (Josh) preached at Shorter Avenue Baptist Church in Rome, GA. The people there were very kind, and I was thankful for the opportunity to preach God's word to them. They heard the Word with gladness, and we had a wonderful time.
 

Where We Are Going

Tomorrow, Jenny and I leave to spend a week and a half in Florida. We are first headed to Orlando to attend the Ligonier Conference hosted by R.C. Sproul. Major thanks to Michael Shuman for getting us tickets! Also, Jenny's grandparents live in Orlando, and we will be able to spend some quality time with Jenny's family during the weekend. Jenny has not seen her family since our wedding, so she is very excited. 

On Saturday night, we will drive to Gainseville, where I will be preaching Sunday through Thursday at the United Youth Event, which is a week long youth-led revival that will feature a different youth band each night from the surrounding area. Please pray for these meetings, that many students will believe the gospel for the first time, and others will be strengthened in the knowledge of Christ. This event will take place March 18-22 from 7pm-9pm at the KHHS Cafeteria in Keystone Heights, FL. The address is 900 Orchid St., and if you are in the area, admission is free, and we would love to see you there. 

Finally, Jenny and I will leave on Friday to visit her parents in Fort Meade, FL. It will be nice to spend the weekend with Jenny's immediate family. Jenny and I will attend church with her parents on Sunday, and then make the long drive back to Rome, GA. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we travel and minister during these next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment